Welcome to Issue #8 of the Temple Codex: your community driven newsletter, happily returning after a bit of a hiatus!
In this issue, we'll cover the latest on the imminent releases of STAX and CORE and look at Temple's journey since the AMM launch.
A round up of Temple's upcoming releases and partnerships
Farming FRAX on a new L1. We have been in talks with the Bera Chain team about investing there. Bera's basics are a chain built on Cosmos, with an EVM layer on top. It uses Synapse as a bridging partner for moving assets from other chains.
It will use a unique Proof of Liquidity (PoL) system, where the assets go into a native exchange and provide liquidity to be utilized. The real innovation here is their three token system and emission dynamics.
The three tokens system they will employ will be:
- HONEY - Native stablecoin
- BERA - Gas fee token
- BGT - Governance token
For more info on our possible partnership with Bera Chain check out the summary of CTP17 and the Q&A we did with Devbear
FRAX/FXS staking platform. STAX will have similar economics to the FRAX gauge, Curve, and Convex ecosystems and will be the best place to earn FXS yields. It will allow users to easily deposit into the TEMPLE/FRAX LP through the app's UI. If we wanted to, we would be able to bring that same technology over to Bera chain so that we'd be able to have STAX on Bera. We're going to have some community discussions about this, just like the last time we made the investment proposal for the Convex.
In closing, we're all pretty excited about this whole thing. STAX, BERA, Vaults. We have always believed in the vision of TempleDao being the place for long-term wealth creation for Templars. We've been through a bit of a price winter, but long-term, we believe the value will be delivered through these vaults and STAX. We think these products are going to give way more than that.
Governance. Temple is working to create a layered organizational structure that allows the best talent to rise from the bottom, take up leadership positions, and have the power to shape the protocol. A new Opening Ceremony and community “blessings” mechanism are being worked on.
NFT metaverse passport. Temple will launch an NFT project which will function as a passport. The passport enables access to bonus content, including the 3D temple in the metaverse that we're working on. The idea is to be "evolvable," meaning that you can add new features to it over time, giving you bonus access or new abilities. It will be minted on Arbitrum.
TEMPLE staking vaults. The key milestones for releasing Temple Core have been achieved, including finalizing the mechanism for vault multipliers and finalizing the investment strategies for vaults. Both desktop and mobile builds are now on Rinkeby for testing.
Quick overview of Temple Vaults
- Farming assets relative to TEMPLE tokens in circulation. Each TEMPLE token gives a return > that of $1 in stable farming.
- Length of lock-in vaults. A more extended lock will give a higher multiplier.
- FAITH will be used to boost the APY in the Temple vaults. The current thinking is to link the boosting rewards to the TEMPLE/FAITH ratio of the holder, to give an advantage to the truly faithful. The idea is to carefully balance out the need to reward Faith holders while not diluting the value for non-faith holders.
Recent Temple Discord Highlights
- Codex Team member Makaveli wrote a great and helpful Glossary for terms in Temple, Defi, Crypto, and more. The glossary page can be found here.
- The Temple dApp (an Intro can be found here if needed) and Dune Analytics page (add link) are now synced. It is important to highlight RFV has not changed due to anything mechanical; it was simply an accounting error.
- A Temple Bug Bounty has been launched with Hats Finance. Head over to Medium and read more about it here.
- Temple Whispers aims to share highlights of some of the significant things we are working on within the Temple. These can be found in #announcements every few days.