There is a lot happening in the Temple, and it can sometimes be difficult to keep up with it all. That’s where the Codex comes in. As a grassroots endeavor, we sought to share curated insights and updates about the day to day happenings of the Temple so everyone can stay informed.
As time went on, we started to grow. There was no shortage of ideas and the vibes had us all ascending. We quickly realized that we needed a CMS solution to give our content a permanent home. We implemented Ghost, and since then, we haven’t looked back. Our thirst for content creation has been unquenchable; AMA, CTP, Special Editions, Temple Study and even audio versions of our newsletter manifested.
In some ways, we like to think of ourselves as mad scientists, where the Codex is the laboratory for testing our ideas. This has worked amazingly well so far because we are a small, tight knit team, and we’re able to experiment with our ideas in real time. We’re truly an autonomous team and in some ways, we are our own DAO.
We are beginning to lift the veil on the way we work. Before we get into that, I’d like to formally introduce the Codex team:
- Project Lead and MC - that’s me, DocPeppercorn. I oversee and coordinate all Codex activities.
- Chief Editor - BowTiedBart leads content creation for the Codex.
- Chief of Media - ZaphBeeblebrox (chief mad scientist) spearheads the creation of new audio, video, and gaming content.
- dk_s is one of our core developers who handles CMS site design and all of our 3D modeled content.
- psgb is another core developer who also handles CMS site design as well as troubleshooting and day-to-day support.
- Gman focuses on writing educational content, specializing in Temple-specific tutorials.
- CaptainCatfish is one of our correspondents on the newsletter and temple study posts.
- Smithchenn, whom we love dearly, is a writing contributor who produces summaries of the AMAs.
Up until recently, the Codex team has worked in the shadows, away from the all-seeing eye that is the TempleDao discord. While that has served us well, we have come to realize that there are many benefits to formally joining the ranks of the TempleDao server:
- It enables the Codex to partner with the existing Temple Chambers, creating a mutually beneficial relationship.
- It allows the Codex to contribute to the larger Temple Vision.
- It allows for ideas to flow between Templars and the Codex team.
- It encourages Templars to help contribute to the content creation of Codex Vision.
Some of our experiments are still in progress and we can’t leak that alfa quite yet, but Zaphod will share a little bit on insight into our metaverse project that, until now, has been under lock and key:
"Dk_s and I are hard at work on developing a more interactive and gamified experience for Codex. We currently have several experiments in early prototype phase and we are excited to share soon! I'm currently working on the underlying metaverse backbone and working with dk_s on our decentralized 3D technology. Thanks to dk_s for their awesome 3D artwork, and thanks to the Codex team for all their support!"
In the short term, here are some things you can expect from us:
- Supporting the Education Campaign through new Temple Study posts
- Publishing our fortnightly Codex newsletter issues with both written and audio content
- Posting more content to our new Twitter page
- Deploying our new home page with a 3D rendered UI that takes inspiration from the TempleDao AMM.
Codex is and will remain to be a community driven initiative. We're persistent as hell and have our foot firmly on the gas. We can't wait to share more updates with you all. Come find us in the #codex-chamber!